J.D. – Howard University School of Law
B.A. – University of Nevada, Las Vegas
Georgia State Bar
Illinois State Bar
United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
Robert is managing partner and a co-founder of Arrington | Owoo P.C. He specializes in commercial transactions and litigation, and estate planning.
Robert received his legal training at some of the top firms in the nation. His experience focused on complex matters including:
- Representing one of the largest retailers in the world during an investigation by the Securities and Exchange Commission;
- Obtaining the necessary regulatory approval associated with the sale of Global Crossing, a multi-national telecommunications company;
- Simultaneously applying for licensure in over 35 states for a telecommunications company;
- Representing foreign and domestic manufacturers as well as package delivery companies in high-exposure product liability, premises liability, and personal injury cases across the country;
- Defending pharmaceutical manufacturers in nationwide class-action and individual product liability cases; and
- Defending automobile manufacturers in various wrongful death and catastrophic injury lawsuits involving numerous allegations, including rollover, ejection, post-collision fire, airbag non-deployment, and restraint system cases.
As a partner at Arrington | Owoo, Robert’s experience has been invaluable in assisting the firm’s clients in getting a clear assessment of their options in their business and personal matters. He serves as the “outside in-house” counsel for several businesses and institutions.
Robert has been honored to spend his second year as a member of the Georgia Bar Committee on Professionalism. He has led numerous presentations on ethics and professionalism at Georgia law schools.
A Merit and National Bar Association Scholar, Robert graduated from Howard University School of Law in 2001. He was a Notes and Comments Editor on the Law Journal and a member of the Huver I. Brown Trial Advocacy Moot Court Team.
He is licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Illinois and Georgia. In addition to his extensive experience in general and complex commercial litigation, Robert has served as a consultant for numerous real estate, retail, telecommunications and financial service companies with every aspect of their business, including formation, capitalization, e-commerce and e-discovery issues, providing advice on litigation avoidance, stock and asset purchases, and winding up matters.
Robert is delighted to have an opportunity to be a part of Arrington | Owoo P.C.’s goal of providing the very best in legal advice at affordable rates. Robert’s well-rounded experience base makes him an ideal choice for corporate or individual clients whose legal needs cut across several disciplines. In his spare time, Robert enjoys traveling and reading.