J.D. – Brooklyn Law School
B.A. – University of Lagos
Georgia State Bar
Court of Appeals of Georgia
Supreme Court of Georgia
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
New York State Court
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
Appellate Division of Supreme Court of New York
U.S. Tax Court
Latif is a founding partner of Arrington | Owoo P.C. He graduated cum laude from Brooklyn Law School in 2000 and is a member in good standing of the New York and Georgia bars. He worked for several years as an associate with Cravath Swaine & Moore LLP in New York where he handled complex litigations on behalf of Fortune 100 companies. Representative matters include:
- Defending a very large computer company against allegations of patent infringement and trade secrets misappropriation
- Defending a large pharmaceutical company against alleged antitrust and Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act violations
Latif also worked as a Mid-Level and Senior Associate at King & Spalding LLP in Atlanta, where he handled complex patent infringement and general commercial litigation matters. Representative matters include:
- Defending a large insurance company against allegations of false advertising and fraudulent misrepresentations
- Representing a large online services company in asserting patent infringement claims against a competitor
- Defending a large pharmaceutical company in a mass tort and product liability action
Over the years, Latif has developed substantial expertise in general commercial litigation involving patent, copyright, trademark, unfair competition and antitrust law, among others. Latif has also handled several matters before the immigration courts in New York and Atlanta as well a habeas corpus petition before the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals and a certiorari petition before the U.S. Supreme Court.
At Arrington | Owoo, Latif’s general litigation practice covers immigration, bankruptcy, tax and general commercial litigation. Representative matters include:
- Secure a substantial reduction of federal tax liability on behalf of an individual client
- Defending a domain-name owner against allegations of domain name abuse
- Securing non-profit status on behalf of corporate clients
- Representing clients in removal proceedings in immigration court
- Representing clients in general commercial litigation matters in state and federal courts.
Latif is unreservedly committed to the firm’s mission to make top notch legal services available at affordable rates, and his general litigation background makes him counsel of choice for corporate or individual clients whose legal needs cut across several disciplines.
Latif is the current president of the Georgia Association of Nigerian Lawyers.
Latif is married to Sade and the proud father of 3 daughters. He speaks French and Yoruba, is an avid reader, a budding poet, and plays tennis in his spare time.