Will My Federal Trademark Registration Be Valid In Foreign Countries?

Protection through the federal government is only valid in the United States. If you sell goods and services, or manufacture products in other countries, you may want to register your trademark there. Registration overseas usually must be undertaken on a country-by-country basis. However, under an international agreement called the “Madrid Protocol” you can obtain protection for your mark in multiple countries through filing a single application with a single fee.

Understanding the complex trademark process and its laws can be difficult. Contact Arrington, Oduola-Owoo & Mason (AOM) to assist you in determining whether your trademarks can be registered and protected.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *